Cozumel Chankanaab Shore Snorkel Excursion Description:
- Enjoy this Exclusive Shore Excursioneer offer - unlimited shore snorkeling!
- Entrance into Chankanaab included ($21.00 USD value for adults, $14.00 USD value for children)!
- English speaking trained staff!
- All snorkeling instruction and gear (mask, fins, snorkel and vest)!
- Beach chair, lockers and use of the beach facilities including shaded palapas!
- Use of all the Chankanaab facilities - botanical garden (optional guided tour), hammocks, Mayan House (homemade tortillas samples), Tequila Exhibit with samples, Eco-Arqueological Tour, Archaeological Prehispanic Replicas, swimming pool, Crocodile Exhibition, and Sea Lion exhibit!
- Not available on Sundays
Come and enjoy a guided and unlimited snorkeling right from the shore and spend a relaxing time on a gorgeous beach. Maybe sway in a hammock, or enjoy the shade of a palapa, the choice is yours.
Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park is a protected marine park that shelters not only marine life but more than 136 amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. The park also offers exhibitions of the ancient Mayan life and customs as well as tequila tasting, botanical gardens, and a Sea Lion Show. This is an ideal place to enjoy your day in Cozumel!
First you'll take a short taxi ride to the Chankannab Beach Adventure Park from your Cozumel cruise pier, the ride takes 10 to 15 minutes and isapproximately $10.00 USD for up to 4 passengers. When you check in, the entrance fee is conveniently included on your ticket, so the only thing you have to worry about is to swim, snorkel, and enjoy the day at your leisure! Chankanaab is open from 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM - you may come and go when you like.
Since the world famous reef is very near the shore you will swim alongside marine life such as parrot fish, sergeant majors, lobsters, angels, surgeon fish and multiple types of corals almost immediately. The ocean is clear and the waters are always warm and clear.
There is an easy access from either the sandy beach, or from wide stairs leading into the water. All of your snorkel gear is included and the friendly, English speaking staff will assist you and show you how to use the equipment. Then the day is yours!
This park also offers a look into the life of the ancient Mayan civilization - you can visit the "Mayan House" and maybe enjoy a handmade tortilla. There is an on-site, and carefully tended, botanical garden and other Mayan exhibits, and the tequila demonstration and the sea lion show are also included in your ticket, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy!
Visit the crocodile exhibit or justrelax on the comfortable beach chairs. There is also a swimming pool onsite as well as inviting hammocks under the palms. Restaurants and souvenirs store are available to choose from and there are lockers, restrooms and showers included.
At the end of your day, there are taxis outside Chankanaab waiting to take you back to your Cozumel cruise terminal.